Our Community Outreach Service aims to provide emotional and practical support to vision impaired people in their local community. Our friendly team of Community Outreach Workers provide a range of support services designed to help anyone experiencing sight loss to live a more independent lifestyle.
The type of support on offer includes:
- Assistance and advice on welfare benefit and housing applications
- Information and advice on the latest assistive technology and equipment for your home
- Providing support to reduce loneliness and isolation
- Information and advice on specific eye conditions and helpful tips to make the best of remaining vision
- Support for families, friends and carers
- Identifying additional support needs and signposting to other relevant services